1/2" plywood alternative

I can't find 1/2" plywood where I live. Other than B/C junk.
How strong would 1/4" tempered hardboard glued to 1/4" plywood be?
Mike
"Mike" wrote in message

If you're looking for "strength", and you're going to go to that trouble, laminate two sheets of 1/4" plywood for your 1/2" stock.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

;~) The trees often get in the way of viewing the forest.
Don't do that. Hardboard does not have the kind of strength that plywood has. "tempered" means the surface has been hardened to resist dings and dents. If you have 1/4" plywood, why not glue 2 sheets of that together?

The bond would be very strong. The result of the bond would be questionable as far a strength goes.