1/2 inch from Nirvana

The CL guy from whom I bought my 14-inch Jet bandsaw a couple years back th rew in a few new BS blades. It was past time to chuck the 1/4 inch fine to oth blade and I tried to mount one of the ones he gave me. I spent 20 minu tes trying to get that sumbitch mounted until it occurred to me that this w as a 93-inch blade and this BS wants 93 and a half. The folks at the neigh borhood Ace had one and it mounted in about 3 minutes flat. What a differe nce a sharp blade makes. Cut thru the 4-inch ash like the proverbial hot k nife thru butter.

Anybody need any 93-inch blades? Free to a good home.

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

4 " ash and you're using a 1/4 fine tooth blade? Are you making tight turns?
Reply to
woodchucker

Cutting out a bowl blank. Would have gone for 3/8 inch blade, but Ace didn't have one and I didn't feel like chasing across town.

Reply to
Gramps' shop

On 1/24/2014 5:41 PM, Gramps' shop wrote: ... and I tried to mount one of the ones he gave me.

I am still trying to picture this...

I spent 20 minutes trying to get that sumbitch mounted ...

Reply to
jo4hn