1/16 chamfer in 1/8 material

I need to put a 1/16" chamfer on a piece of 1/8" thick UHMW. It's an irregular profile so I need a bearing to walk around the perimeter. I tried the chamfer bit i have in my router table and the material ran just under the bearing and landed on the dust shield instead. This burned a groove into the side of the plastic. I've looked bits that handle 1/8" material, but haven't found any. Anyone have a source for a bit to handle this, or another way to do this operation. TIA

is there a bit that can be used in a dremel that would work?

I've seen a tool for making chamfers on the edge of formica countertops, works like a small plane & shaves off the excess material. Would that work for what you're doing?
Dave "Wow, the wreck has changed a bit in a few years..." Hinz
On 16 Apr 2004 13:06:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (Charlie) wrote:

clamp a strit edge or board to the bottom of it and use the bit you have. the bearing will ride on the strait edge board.
skeez
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:25:07 GMT, skeezics

sorry i didnt read too good i guess. cut a board of the same profile and clamp it to the bottom of the plastic to use as a guide.
skeez
Did you read the pat about irregular profile?
(Charlie) wrote:

followup post????
skeez
Yes, and saw that you caught it. Now, if I could just get that spelling thing down. :)

Charlie wrote:

If it doesn't need to be an accurate chamfer, you could use a deburrer (e.g., http://snipurl.com/5rdm )
Mitch Berkson
On 16 Apr 2004 13:06:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (Charlie) wrote:

How about a file, hand plane, spoke shave, or sanding block?
Barry
look at solid carbide laminate trimmer bits
On 16 Apr 2004 13:06:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (Charlie) wrote:

I think I would just hit the edge with a piece of sand paper.

Fasten to a piece of mdf, then using a pattern bit to bring the mdf to match the plastic.
Now turn it over and use the bearing against the mdf
John