1 11/16"

Page 1 of 3

Tip of the day
When setting the tablesaw fence to 1 11/16", use the first little line before 1 3/4" Don't use the line just before 1 1/2.
You're welcome
And how do you know this? :) :)

It was a guy that lives on my street.
:)

problem.

Maybe in terms of fractions, but I suspect an equivalent screw-up can occur by picking the wrong division between two numbers in any measurement system being employed.
BTW, I discovered that my my Freud tablesaw blade is capable of milling soft steel this weekend. Hint: When making shallow cuts using a tennoning jig, make sure that your tennoning jig has a sacrificial spacer if your tennoning cut will be less than 1/8" (3.1 mm). I now have a nice 1 1/2" radius arc on the face plate of mine. It took a moment for me to realize a) the cut was getting awfully hard and b) I was getting sparks from my 8/4 cherry piece
After the initial, "what the ...?" and questioning my lineage and intelligence, a quick check of the blade and pieces indicated that, with the exception of my now 1/4-mooned jig face, all equipment and project pieces were fine.

My trailer has a slot cut into one side. It most certainly did not happen when I was using it as a "workbench" for cutting up some plywood. BTW, did you know that the stock blade on a DeWalt circle saw can cut galvanized steel with hardly any trouble? At least mine can...
/Par
--
Par snipped-for-privacy@hunter-gatherer.org
How do I set my laser printer on stun?

It does a great job cutting through its own power cord, too. DAMHIKT.

:-) Makita... 8" or whatever the next size up from 7 1/4" is. Brand new....... first cut..... 14" power cord just that quick. LOL

sure I was getting the right measurement from the tape ("... okay, half, fourth, eight, sixteenth... okay, sixteenths... and 3 of them less than 3/4... ")
Maybe I'll just buy a metric tape. But then there's the tablesaw fence....
Toller wrote:

Some call this a problem, I call it Natural Selection. Only the smartest and fittest survive to perpetuate beautiful wood reproductions. And that's a good thing.
:-)
Mark

Half an eighth, got it!
BTDT!

7/16, 11/16...WHATEVER! What you were making probably didn't need to be accurate to within 1/4" anyway, right? ;-)
todd

Them sisteenths are tricky little bastards. They should number them.

Cut it three times and it's still too short?
Edwin Pawlowski (in z4%Mg.62$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com) said:
| Tip of the day | | When setting the tablesaw fence to 1 11/16", use the first little | line before 1 3/4" Don't use the line just before 1 1/2.
That was yesterday's tip! You're a day late and a quarter short!
| You're welcome
No problem - place the two cut edges together and paint with white out, reverse the DC and saw motors and feed the pieces through backwards while sprinkling fresh toad dust over the whole thing.
It may help if you intone "rabuf" in a singsong voice throughout the uncutting.
Hmm. Now I'm welgone...

doesn't have any lines at all.
Experience is defined as:
"What you get when you don't get what you want."
--
Roger Shoaf
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Just use cheaper wood, then it won't ever happen.
As an aside, and on the same theme ... today I batch cut all the frame chair parts for six chairs (about $300 worth of QSWO), you see below without once using a tape measure or ruler of any type:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/Chairparts.JPG
The saws were all setup with "story stick" parts from the prototype chair saved specifically to use for machine setup so that there would be no measuring errors in either dimension or angles.
... the only way I can get around the fact that I am a dummy with a tape measure more often than not.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

Measure twice .... You know the rest! BTDT
Dave