Zips and spies

I have been wondering about the spy in a bag with the locked zip.

Putting the padlock on to the two zip fasteners after closing the zips might be difficult from the inside.

However it appears from the pictures I have seen that the two zip fasteners would move along the zip when locked together.

So could the spy have put the lock on the zips whilst outside the bag, forced the zip open between a zip fastener and the end, climbed in the back and then perhaps with some difficult slid the fasteners along the zip to close it, and then back to the middle position?

It might not be easy but the spy was a slender keen cyclist, so possibly quite strong.

Reply to
Michael Chare

In message , Michael Chare writes

Now if you had said this in another newsgroup I read, 49% of the responses would have said it was a motorist that did it, 49% would have denied that cyclists ever did anything wrong and 2% would have posted something totally different and tried to change the thread.

Reply to
Bill

In message , Bill writes

Re-reading this I see I totally porked it...........

Possibly the 2nd 49% would have said it was typical of cyclists.

I'll shut up now and make a note to read what I write before hitting send.

Reply to
Bill

According to my paper, an escapologist tried 200 times and could not do it.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

And he calls himself an escapologist...?

In another paper, he was described as a "yoga expert".

Reply to
mike

I liked it anyway.

Reply to
Squashme

On TV he was a "confined spaces expert"

Reply to
Andy Burns

With the bag empty undo a small section of the seam, put the padlock on and lock it, turn the bag inside out via the undone seam, sit the inside out bag on top of head and pull down over body, then you are now inside the locked bag and are only required to restitch the seam. Job done.

Reply to
ss

Well, that's where he was found ...

Reply to
geoff

I quite enjoyed the sarcasm though Bill, and you would be quite right in what you actually posted - no matter how things turn out, it's *NEVER* the cyclists fault (according to them anyway).

Reply to
Unbeliever

No, not the spook, the person trying to reproduce the trick ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Perhaps it was a moebius bag: went straight in via the fourth dimension....

Reply to
newshound

If it was the kind with two zips each with a hole on the end to take a padlock I would have thought it possible. There would be small gap between the two zips when closed with the ends brought together to fit he padlock. I assume the padlock is the normal self-latching type. So the trick bit is putting the lock staple through the two zip-ends and the pressing the lock against a surface to lock it.

Reply to
djc

Perhaps he farts in lifts.

Reply to
grimly4

Different person

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Schrodinger's spy.

Reply to
Richard

Maybe he spent years practicing the technique until he could do it, but failed to think through the effect of being inside a locked bag...

Reply to
mogga

It doesn't take much these days, with the low standard of journalism we've come to expect.

Reply to
grimly4