[?] Zanussi ZHT630 Cooker Hood - setting up for recirculation mode - manual NOT helpful.

I've just purchased a Zanussi ZHT630W cooker hood and am trying to set it up for re-circulation mode before fitting it.

There are four rather poor pictures on Page 5 in the User Manual showing a procedure, some marked with arrows and a cross, and also one picture showing how to open the fan housing (but with no visible explanation why I should need to do this), but there is absolutely no written explanation of exactly what I should do, or NOT do, to set it to operate in re-circulate mode.

If anyone in this NG who has worked with this particular Zanussi cooker hood is able to enlighten me, I'd be REALLY grateful.

TIA - Dave.

Reply to
David Chapman

Scan/photgraph and put online somewhere?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for the suggestion. Now why didn't I think of that? :-(

Here it is:-

TIA - Dave.

Reply to
David Chapman

Not the clearest of instructions are they. Looks like you open up the lower flappy thing, pull out a square something towards the center front, detach and discard most of the square thing and put the other bit back into the hood. Then make sure the top and rear vents are blocked up.

Just a guess, it will probably be a bit more obvious with the thing in front of you. The top right diagram shows air being drawn in and ejected out through the slopped front panel. My guess is that the square bit blocks that for normal extract to the outside use.

TBH the recirculation function is a waste of time. The real purpose of a cooker hood is to extract the hot moist air/steam from cooking to the outside world.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice