Zanussi Washer-Dryer Door - wont open - help!

I have a Zanussi Jetstream 1200 washer dryer, the external door handle/catch has broken - and there is lots of washing in the machine. The washing cycle has finished. I can not open the door :(

Any ideas how to get the door open to retrieve the washing? Is there an "emergency release" somewhere - I have had a look and can't see anything obvious.

Thanks

Mr Noz

Reply to
Nozza

Try putting the waste hose into a bucket until the water level inside the machine drops to below the lock and it should open.

Reply to
BigWallop

I don't think you read the question! The OP said nothing about the machine being full of water - just washing - presumably dryish after the end of the spin cycle.

This is not a pump-out or interlock failure - it's pure mechanical breakage of the handle which operates the latch. [The OP probably broke it by trying to force it before the timer/interlock had released]. Anyone know how to circumvent this?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Answer found in the archives...