Zanussi Washer-Dryer Door - wont open - help!

I have a Zanussi Jetstream 1200 washer dryer, the external door handle/catch has broken - and there is lots of washing in the machine. The washing cycle has finished. I can not open the door :(
Any ideas how to get the door open to retrieve the washing? Is there an "emergency release" somewhere - I have had a look and can't see anything obvious.
Thanks
Mr Noz

Try putting the waste hose into a bucket until the water level inside the machine drops to below the lock and it should open.

I don't think you read the question! The OP said nothing about the machine being full of water - just washing - presumably dryish after the end of the spin cycle.
This is not a pump-out or interlock failure - it's pure mechanical breakage of the handle which operates the latch. [The OP probably broke it by trying to force it before the timer/interlock had released]. Anyone know how to circumvent this?
Roger
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:09:37 -0000, "Roger Mills"

Answer found in the archives...
<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm 4k0o%24ptt%241%40plutonium.btinternet.com>
Noz
--
Email nozza underscore wales at yahoo co uk