Zanussi washer cuts out

Hi,

My Zunussi FJ 1296 has developed a problem where it keeps cutting out part way into a wash cycle.

It also caused the wall socket to overheat and burn out.

What could cause this - I'm going to open it up tomorrow - what kind of things should I be looking for?

Regards

bN

Reply to
bigNuts

I guess the problem could be the socket or plug - failing when the heaviest current is drawn. Check that the screws are all tight on the terminals - better still fit a new good quality socket.

Reply to
John

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:48:24 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "bigNuts" strung together this:

Could be a dodgily wired\cheapo plug\socket.

If it is the WM then it could be the heater element kicking in. What should be happening at the part of the cycle that it cuts out on?

Reply to
Lurch

Ive changed the sockets and plug and the problem persists.

I'll have to study it tommorow to see exactly where/when its cutting out.

Reply to
bigNuts