Zanussi noisy spin cycle

Hi, I've got a five year old Zanussi that has just started making noise during the spin cycle - it's a clackety noise, like a roulette wheel when hand spinning. When it does a spin cycle, I get a burning smell so something is obviously not right. I thought I might have something stuck between inner drum and case, but not sure how to check this. Also considered that a part might have come loose that needs checking.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Also, are there any manuals out there? I'm used to taking things apart and putting them back together, but I sometimes wonder if I'm removing a screw that shouldn't be removed!

Cheers.

Reply to
Heather Kara

Had a similar thing on my Zanussi and it turned out to be the motor. The armature? was worn in such a way as to make a clickety clackety noise with the brushes as it revolved.

Reply to
Wainscotting

Bra wire is common in tub, take belt off to see if its motorr or drum making the noise.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

First thing I'd check would be the motor armature and brushes.

Reply to
Rob Morley

just replaced my motor after a lot of smoke poured out after it started to get noisy. motor was easy enough to change. working a treat again. funnily enough mines about 5 years as well.

Larry

Reply to
Reddi-sparks

Ah, good thinking. I did as you said and it was definately the motor.

Next question. Removing the brushes made the noise go away, do I replace the brushes, the motor, or can I replace a part of the motor?

TIA, Heather.

Reply to
Heather Kara

Hmmm, well I'm glad I decided to have a go at fixing it myself rather than ditching it for a new one. I do like it and now that I have the proper tools, it's much easier to get inside!

Heather

Reply to
Heather Kara

Got my replacement motor from here

about a year ago.

Reply to
Wainscotting

Cheers - I've now just ordered a replacement motor from them. I'm hoping it's in stock and hoping that it arrives tomorrow so I can get started on this mountain of laundery! Thanks to everyone for thier help, tips, comments.

Heather.

Reply to
Heather Kara