Zanussi Model FL 914 Washing machine manual?

Have inherited Zanussi Model FL 914 1 N(or I N), prod 914760004, ser

60800053, but have had no luck locating a user manual via Google. Perhaps someone knows where I should look.

Alternatively, a few pointers on using the machine would be helpful to a bachelor who washes only small loads (underwear, socks, shirts, towels).

The machine has 4 buttons (1st marked by 4 odd dots - which seems to start a cycle, 2nd by a diagram like an airplane, 3rd by 1/2, 4th by a key - which unlocks the door).

Has 2 knobs. One knob marked by numbers from *...30, 40, ... 80, 95 - which I take to be Celsius temperature settings, with * for water from the cold tap. Another knob with blocks of letters: ABCDFG, HJK, L, MNPQ, R. Tried HJK, which is still full of water when it ends. L spin dries. Seems odd to have to run L separately.

3 compartments for deteregent. Left is small, the other two twice as big and one of them has a grid with the the word MAX on it. Have used only the left compartment.

So far I've been loading the drum to about half its level.

Reply to
Greg

If you know the product number code you might be able to locate an instruction manual here:

DIY

Correction, the only Zanussi manuals available are for: U02291 download SD2811 915091002 Tumble Dryer U02291 download SD2822 915091003 Tumble Dryer U02096 download ZGF982X 949750261 Cooking U01385 download ZHC916 949610448 Cooking U02098 download ZKT641H 941591730 Cooking

Reply to
DIY

Customer services might help:

DIY

If I recall from when we had one similar - A was prewash, B was whites, C - fast cottons, -> G (getting cooler) which was drain and spin. H-K were non fast - left in water to prevent creases (hence L was separate drain and spin) - The remaining letters were I think wool and delicates.

your 1/2 is for a half load.

Can't remember any more!

Reply to
John

Thanks, John. That should get me going. (Most companies are poor about posting manuals, especially older models. Customer service usually wants an order via mail or phone and then turns out not to have the manual in stock.)

Reply to
Greg

Left compartment is for pre-wash powder, middle is for main wash and the right with a grid is for liquid fabric softener.

Reply to
John

In message , John writes

Also keep in mind that for bachelor use you can leave the machine set to

40 degrees and non colourfast cotton for just about everything.

Don't get white clothing. Just have everything coloured so it can go in one wash.

Don't use washing up liquid when you run out of washing machine detergent. You may get off with it once or twice, but the next time you'll go through to your kitchen and very wet foam will be gushing out the soap compartment area.

I wonder what they use in normal washing machine detergent to stop the foaming.

I also don't know why they don't make a bachelors washing machine with a single button on it marked GO. :)

Reply to
Clive Mitchell