Zanussi fridge/freezer problem.

A relative has a problem with an ice-ball forming in the fridge section of a Zanussi 62/26. Water seems to be dripping onto it, then freezing. Is there any other reason for this build-up of ice, could it be caused by a leak anywhere? I reckon the stat. is set too low, but they are reluctant to let me adjust it at all, and are convinced they need a new one. Any advice much appreciated.

Reply to
4square

This seems to be a discontinued model as there are no details available on the internet, only sources of spares, but if the fridge section de-frosts automatically it could be that the water is not draining out because the drainage hole or tube is blocked. That would cause the water to accumulate, and the water will freeze if the thermostat is set on the low side. Too low a temperature can also cause excessive ice to build up and interfere with the de-frosting cycle. Fridge temperature should be between 0 and 5 degrees C - easy to check with a fridge thermometer.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

If that's the case, why bother? (Mind you, I don't have any relatives). Helping others should be a rewarding experience which won't be the case in this instance. Let him/her spend their money. :)

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE