Zanussi freezer

Mu zanussi( coolszone)50/50 frige freezer has a problem with the freezer over freezing. It has got to the point that the freezer door cannot be closed. It has one thermostat which has been changed. I read somewhere on uk diy that some freezers have a timed defrost. What would this look like, as I cannot find anything resembling a timer. The only other thing I can think of is a leak from the 'gas'.

Reply to
dave

Hi,

Sounds like it needs defrosting, consult the instruction manual.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Common mistake to confuse frosting up with over freezing, it is frosted up defrost it then check the door is sealing all the way round.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Hi,

I find freezers frost up much more quickly in the summer due to the higher humidity in the air. The freezer temperature won't affect how quickly this happens, though if the door is left ajar or cannot be closed properly it happens very quickly!

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I defrosted it after fitting the thermostat, the door seal seems ok as there are no noticeable gaps.

dave

Reply to
dave