Zanussi Dishwasher problem

I have a Zanussi DCS14 dishwasher that has started playing up - it seems to be stuck in "let water in but do nothing else" mode. IE all it does is dribble in water from the water inlet and nothing else.

I can't even turn it off with the power button on the front, I need to turn it off at the mains.

It was bought two years ago so is unfortunately out of warranty.

Any ideas please anyone on what might be the cause of this? Dodgy circuit somewhere I guess?

Also, if I got someone in to fix it I assume it would cost a fair bit?

thanks

Reply to
phil