You just cant get the workers these days

You forgot 'pimp'!

Reply to
Bob Eager

We even have our own TV channel...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yep but I bet the bottom of your toolbox that they screw suppliers for as much credit as they can get and then some!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "George" saying something like:

Ah, years ago workers tugged their forelocks and mumbled as the gentry passed. Happy days.

It's a common problem, and not just in your neck of the woods. It was always the case that some eejits just couldn't be bothered or it didn't occur to them to phone and let you know. If I can't make it I always call, and I've been thanked for it, but I do try to be there on time.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

As a cowboy handyman. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Ah - but do you really truly know them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He might well have an account with his suppliers so doesn't have to lay out cash up front. I see nothing wrong in paying instantly for materials

*on site* or to fund the purchase of large items - provided the work has started. Especially with a small contractor.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

.. and especially if the items are specific to the customer and not usable elsewhere.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Are they particularly good burgers then, a cut above the usual McD's and Burger King?

Owain

Reply to
Owain