You and Yours at it again.

heat emitting wrist & ankle rings work well there. I tried it once, made some water filled things on the heat sealer and microwaved them.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Much of the time one could use a plug-in, plugging it in from room to room. Not as convenient as cordless, but doable and very cheap. Personally I'd rather spend on insulation, even though being warmed in a cold room does feel nicer.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Rod Speed expressed precisely :

This was mid 1950's. I don't actually remember any of it, I was told by my parents about it who had gone up to the school to complain about it. I was very awkward at throwing and catching, until I realised and began to accept that I was ambidextrous. It seemed my brain was constantly in turmoil as to which hand I should be using.

It is actually very useful when working in awkward situations, to be able to work with either hand.

I still get confused between right and left and if you were to hand me a knife and fork it would take me time to decide which belongs in which hand. No such problems with a pen, rather oddly I can only write with the right now.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Quite. Which is why most sensible people have some means of heating their house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can still remember at least some of the circumstances. It was during the 3rd year of Primary School. I am not sure which term but I would have been either 9 or 10 years old.

I can still remember an occasion a few years back when I was driving a drew in in a particularly awkward location that sometimes being left handed was useful. This was followed a few moments later by the realisation that I was in fact using my right hand.

When I try to write with my left hand I find that I get this tendency to try and write backwards from right to left rather than left to right.

With two handed tasks I tend to be conventional. I don't see that it makes much difference if you have your cricket bat or your golf club on one side on the other but then I was never much good at either game.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Crikey. I'm pretty old but never saw anything like that at school - with several being left handed. And in the days of ink rather than ball point. But it was Scotland.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Roger Chapman formulated on Saturday :

Left to right is natural for right handed, the opposite is true for lefties, so you can see the pen point's progress.

No such problems with a keyboard and I certainly welcomed them with open arms. I probably wrote one of the first word processors for an early home computer, simply for my own use - so as to avoid having to hand write.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Dave Plowman (News) laid this down on his screen :

When I moved from pencil and crayon to ink, we had ink wells and pens with nibs (not quills). We were never allowed ball pens in any school I attended. It was during my pencil and crayon days that I was forced to right handedness. I seem to remember we had chalk and slates at one point too.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

NPs heated jacket? <

soup

Those (like me) with Reynauds[1] as well.

[1]
soup

I have no problem with that, fork in the right but others get confused if Iay the table. B-) I put that down to sitting opposite my Dad when starting to use a knife and fork and no one noticing that I'd just taken which item of cutlary should be in which hand straight acoss the table.

TBH fork in left when used with a knife seems a bit odd. Which hand do people use for a spoon or just a fork?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice