Yo, BigWallop (near Ambridge?) - Rain Drain

Hi BigWallop,

Cleaned out my rain drain. Now only an inch or two of water at the bottom. Empties away quickly now.

Still don't know where it goes though.

Francis.

Reply to
Francis

Sounds like a soak away system then, but the only way to really find out, is to put dye down it and see if it appears in any of the manholes around the house. A soak away is just like a pipe or tank that takes the rain water and gently lets it soak into the soil a bit further away from house. This stops anything running back under the property and rotting the foundations.

If it's working, and there are no damp patches forming anywhere, then leave it alone in case you make things worse. :-)) Well done that man !

Reply to
BigWallop

foundations.

Sounds like good advice to "Fran the Tool Man".

I have had enough looking down man-holes while cleaning my Ma's blocked drain. Seven rods went in and as two came out the contents started filling the inspection chamber. And still five rods to go. "We can't stop now!"

Francis.

Reply to
Francis