yet another worktop Q

3 mtr worktops how do the foak get them home? will they (3 lengths) fit in a hatchback (Laguna)
Reply to
Vass

I have alway had them delivered, I cant imagine a car you could get them into.

Reply to
R D S

8 weeks delivery and £ 30 no thanks
Reply to
Vass

Kinell, where are you getting them? Are they in stock?

We have a 'man with a van' operating around here, have a look in the back of your local paper, you may have something similar.

You might get them on a roof rack.

Reply to
R D S

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:55:34 -0000, "Vass" mused:

Back of a big van or on the roof rack.

No chance. To get a 3m length of trunking or similar in my Laguna (recently deceased) I have to wedge it down the side of the seats and bend it into the footwell, and it just fits. Don't think you can do this too easily with a worktop!

Reply to
Lurch

|!3 mtr worktops |!how do the foak get them home? |!will they (3 lengths) fit in a hatchback (Laguna)

Remove the head rest from the passenger seat, put worktop over passenger seat, use luggage straps to hold them in well. They will probably still stick out of the back, so put a large bit of white rag on the rear end and drive *carefully*.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Pull over when seeing a flashing blue light in the rear view mirror - bad idea to try to accelerate away.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Bad idea to brake either, if you like your windscreen.

Reply to
Andy Burns

get them delivered by somene else.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

s/white rag/red and yellow overhanging load warning triangle.

Owain

Reply to
Owain