Yet another use for WD40

The Medway Handyman

Asians again.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic groups that are at each others throats in their own country, here is that they often continue with the same fueds when they live here. Nobody seems to be able to look at this aspect and plan for it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That would be racist. It's their "culture" innit? It's what enhances our communities and provides vibrancy.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

What has historically happened is foreigners come here to get away from the feuds and bigotry in their own country, and then the bigots, hatemongers and "religious" leaders follow them to ensure the feuds and bigotry follow them.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Does that explain why a fair few of the Polish hate Muslims and aren't affraid to show it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

They're not exactly in love with Jews, either.

Reply to
orion.osiris

Given how long such hatreds last, it is probably a legacy of the Thirty Years' War.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

"WD-40 causes irritation, redness and tearing if sprayed in the eyes, according to product safety warnings, and can seriously aggravate pre-existing medical conditions."

WTF is "tearing"?

"Pc Dave Townsend, who is investigating the incident, said: 'This was a nasty assault which came out of the blue against three men who had done nothing to provoke the offenders.

'It was an extremely reckless act, spraying such a harmful substance in people's faces, and the victims are very lucky that their vision was unaffected and they have no long-term injuries."

mmm so "harmful" that precisely no-one is any the worse off (apart from the pummeling from the low life outside).

I wonder what transpired earlier in the evening...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

On Saturday 27 July 2013 07:47 Jim K wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Lacrimation I would guess..

I predict it involved alcohol and chav tendencies...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Forming of tears. I.e. (pretty much) crying without the emotion.

Reply to
polygonum

don't recall ever seeing that use before - is it of yank origin?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I do not know - but it is widely used in medicine. You can see it on UK Patient Information Leaflets by the dozen. So we are expected to know what it means!

But if you happen to read it as tearing (as in paper or strips off apprentices) then it is utterly confusing.

(From Wiki it looks as if epiphora is insufficient drainage rather than high production. Of course, the result is the same.)

Reply to
polygonum

You've never heard "I'm tearing up"?

Reply to