Yet another fridge question...

Since fridges are topical.....
Our single thermostat fridgefreezer was struggling to keep the fridge at 4degrees even before the hot weather, but now it's not coping properly at all. Freezer is fine!
I get a coating of ice about 1.5cm thick on the back inside wall of the fridge - so I have to hack it off every couple of months .
Is this proper - not sure if this is impiring performance or part of it - or is it a clue to what's going wrong?
cheers
Is the door closing properly? (check the magnetic seal all the way round) It sounds like hot humid air is getting in and condensing/freezing on the back of the fridge.
In this weather, its tempting to keep opening the door to see if its cold yet ;-) Resist that temptation !
Brendan

I thought that's one helluva fridge you've got. Now I'm disappointed. Ho hum.
--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - ignore header email address