Yes folks, its cheaper to heat with electricity!

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Bingo -you've just pointed out the flaw in your Severn flooding crackpot theory

The first English parliament was held just outside Shrewsbury - we could move it there after your dredging of the Severn estuary ...

Reply to
geoff

I used to know a vegan's boyfriend who needed iron tablets on doctor's orders, as he'd developed anaemia.

Reply to
magwitch

Maxie the barrier is not intended to stop water coming in great volumes - although it could do that. It can be used to empty water from the river if restrictions are removed at key points.

Maxie, fabulous idea. Fantastic!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Scabs! A scab is a scab. Nottingham have a history of scabness.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, you must be snipped. I do recognise drivel.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You are a very confused person. Maxie is from Shrewsbury, however a man about town in Watford.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, do you mean you wanted John Lennon to sound like pillocks Surrey? My Word!!! I never found anyone in Birmingham or Liverpool who wants to speak like you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No.Just have two terms maximum. Ken was in too long, that's all. If a credible candidate was running the clown would still be on comic shows on TV - with being the but of the jokes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, I'm sure you did. Can you speak Turkish?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

To intelligent people, yes.

They are in Turkish!

Matt, it does.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A lot of those studies assume a non nuclear scenario: thats the trouble.

IF we had to run Europe on windmills, hydro, tidal and geothermal by and large, we COULD do it with long undersea cables: The trouble is my best estimate is about ten times the cost of doing it with nuclear.

So, do you want nuclear at around 4p a unit, or windmills and tidals at

40p a unit.?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

whilst she certainly gave that impression,who knows what she really wanted?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That, from the wurkin clarss hero who doesn't work..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's unclear to me whether it was the boyfriend or the doctor who had anaemia; either way, I can't see what the vegan's diet had to do with it.

Assuming it was the boyfriend, is that because he was vegan too? And did he eat enough spinach? (It's usually amino acids that are the problem)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Strangely he never claimed this when I asked him.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They did this thinking that toadying up to Thatcher by not 'holding the country to ransom' their jobs would be safe. Especially since they were in largely cheaper to operate mines. They were very wrong...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He wasn't getting enough protein or calcium.

He wasn't until he lived with a vegan who insisted they ate a vegan diet.

Spinach is a good source of iron if eaten raw, but there's a problem due to spinach containing high levels of oxalic acid. Oxalic acid seriously limits the amount of calcium and iron the body can absorb. Sarah Raven, the gardener (and ex GP) recommends the addition of lemon juice to help overcome this.

Reply to
magwitch

Spinach causes iron deficiency, the oxalic acid stops the body absorbing iron.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Hmmm, the fly sketch ...

Reply to
geoff

Yet he stated it several times before witnesses.

Reply to
Steve Firth