Yellow gloss paint!

About two months ago I did all the glossing in Crown brilliant white. It is now yellowing and I am very pissed off. I did the bathroom walls and one door in brilliant white bathroom and kitchen emulsion. It is still brilliant white. If I went over the glossing with the emulsion would it be okay.

Taa

Reply to
Mr Pounder

what'cher mean OK?

You won't damage anything.

Whether it will look better, only you can decide.

It won't be as hard wearing and will wear off relatively quickly

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Best to give up heavy smoking then

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I thought they had admitted they had had a problem with it. Contact them?

Dulux not Crown.

Baz

Nobody smokes in the house ..

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Soooooooooo, it won't slide off the gloss or react with it then?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Can't be arsed. But yes and thanks.

> Or

Reply to
Mr Pounder

How would you make it stick and no, it never used to work, the oil just came through unless paint technology has changed in the last 15 years which is unlikely!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He needs a vat of liquid paper!

Back in the 80s where I worked got hold of some wonderful paint which claimed to remain white for 5 years, it was a two coat product, but cannot recall what it was called. It was UV stable apparently. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well it won't stick well thats for certain.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That did cross my mind as well. However I never did like Crown Paint.

The answer of course is to paint everything yellow.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So did they flog the rest of the dodgy stuff to Crown then?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It won't slid of immediately, no.

but it might in a year or two.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Better than two months.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I needs to try it! I have always taken a dare. I will keep you informed.

Mr Pounder

Sand the surface then use undercoat before painting final coats.

Reply to
F Murtz

From the link: In contrast, rival Crown Paints put on some of its tins: "Recent changes made to meet the reduced solvent levels...

may lead to yellowing over time."

I wonder just how much damage these paint manufacturers were doing to the environment that the EU has been forced to have us return to dingy, pre no smoking in pubs, catering yellow.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

and then it would fade...

Reply to