YCL PTC0001-01 RJ45 socket with magnetics

Does anybody know of a pin for pin replacement for the above RJ45 socket (no LEDs)?

Lightening has released the magic smoke from one on an IP webcam. The camera still works but the ethernet port is dead. The magic smoke only appears to have come out of the socket so a couple of quid to replace the socket is worth trying.

Googling PTC0001 doesn't produce any suppliers other than alibaba etc.

There hundreds of RJ45 sockets with magnetics but from other makers and other part numbers. But the "standard" pinout seems to have changed since this IP camera was made 10 years ago... It would save an awful lot of datasheet reading if some one knows of a currently available, in one off quanties, a pin for pin replacement.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

TM11RD - 5TANA (Digikey H11694-ND) sort of looks similar, the magnetics schematic layout is different but the circuit looks pin compatible.

(YCL one)

There are 100's part numbers of RJ45 with magnetics in Digikey's catalogue alone - good luck hunting one down! :)

Reply to
Lee

The PTC0001 has both chokes on the socket side and no bridging coil on one pair data and pin 4 is not connected to ground... I think close but no banana. B-)

Exactly, I was hoping that some one would have been through this loop and could just say XYZ'ds BN556A-8-M is what you want.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'd be very surprised if this device is the only fried one though, so don't spend too much dosh on it, given the cost of new cameras these days. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I agree but if a new socket at

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If the magnetics are in the socket, see if you can find the datasheet for the Broadcom chip and look for an application circuit. It's quite likely the webcam manufacturer will have cloned it - if not, you're unlikely to go wrong logically using the suggested part number, even though the layout may be different.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Reply to