Yale patio door locks won't unlock

Hi good diy-ers

What with all the unseasonably hot weather in SE England recently, as you can imagine, I decided to open my patio doors this weekend. Alas and alack! I have 4 yale locks securing the two doors securely to the top and bottom, but 3 out of the 4 locks would not budge at all. I have tried using WD40, but with no success. What can I do, other then remove the same and chuck in the nearest bin? If that is the only answer, could anyone recommend a decent lock as an alternative? Chubb any better? Even the keys on these Yale locks seem distinctly dodgy - slight tendency to bend with time...

Reply to
Mikeyboy

I assume you've tried a good old thump in the location of the locks?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The correct term is 'percussive maintenance' :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bah...Amateurs

Angle Grinder................

Reply to
RW

You can tell I'm not a tradesman.

"Want woofers and tweeters with that?"

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The gadget show did a comparison of hdmi leads and announced at the end "if you spent £120 on a lead you have wasted £100".

The reality is they wasted £15 and the others wasted £115 but who's counting?

Reply to
dennis

No I haven't tried percussive maintenance, but will give that a go.

What about my follow up question: