Xpelair GXC6 rear cable entry

I've just got an Xpelair GXC6 extractor fan, I'd prefer to conceal the cable in the wall rather than have a trailing flex from the FCU. According to the instructions there's supposed to be a rear entry knockout but there was no obvious knockout visible when I removed the terminal cover. Does anyone have experience of this model?

Reply to
Mike Clarke

At the top right near the electrical connections if my memory is correct.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Is it a problem to cut or drill one?

NT

Reply to
NT

angle grinder!

Reply to
PeterC

That's what I was expecting but the only place that looks possible is down the inside of the hollow post that acts as a cable grip for top entry flexes but there isn't room for the cable between the top of the post and the terminal cover. The other circular marks just look like moulding marks, certainly not enough weakening to be knockouts. There's a photo at if anyone's interested.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Not a major problem but if there's a knockout available I'd rather use that than make creative modifications to the casing.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

It is the one to the right of the letter T.

It would be better to drill it than try to knock it out.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for the help Adam. I'll certainly drill rather than knock, the indentation looks far to shallow to knock out without taking extra surrounding material with it.

Reply to
Mike Clarke