xD Camera card unreadable;(..

You've not said what make of camera? As a last, despairing hope....

Olympus have some utilities for their gear on their website, and IIRC, that was the make I had problems getting a standard cardreader to recognise.

is even possible, apparently, to foul up the software in the camera, so there's a download available for just that event.

Reply to
John Williamson

It was actually in an Olympus, albeit an olde one..

I'll have a look at that, be interesting to see. I used to have a Fuji camera that used these, now changed to a more modern one which uses those very small SD? cards..

Reply to
tony sayer

The Fujis (All the ones I've seen, at least...) format the card as FAT, with a specific directory structure, whereas Olympus cameras seem not to use FAT at all, or if they do, the card controller and camera don't present it as such.

Reply to
John Williamson