I've spent far to long on Google trying to solve this, including finding others who have posted much the same question without getting a full answer. So I'm asking the usual suspects for help, in the hope that someone has already been there, done that, and can still remember how :-)

I have Skype installed on my PC and find it very useful to use with a headset to make calls - easy hands free experience plus the ability to take phone numbers from websites and plug them into the dialler. However the calls do cost some money.

I now have a spanky new Samsung Galaxy S3 (which fills me generally with techno-terror because it is too damn smart) which comes with an inclusive call tarrif.

So I would like a Skype-style interface (which is very much like the dialler interface on the phone, as it happens) on my PC which allows me to make and receive calls on my PC using my mobile phone for the actual call. [Connecting over USB or Bluetooth would work for me.] [The Samsung Kies application doesn't seem to offer much more than management of music and video.]

I can see loads of stuff about using the PC as a Bluetooth headset and receiving calls, but I can't really pin down any dialler software.

Blue Soleil

seems to have something called cPhoneTool but the website is a bit 'English as a Foreign Language' and it isn't clear to me that this does all that I need - I have read comments which suggests that it is a dialler but you have to use the mobile phone handset for the actual call (which seems a bit wierd).

This is something I would have expected to see in Freeware and paid software on Windows and included somewhere in Linux.

Does anyone use such an application (free if possible)?

Normal PC is a Dell XPS M1530 running Vista 32 bit. Bluetooth device shows as Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR

I haven't yet tried to fettle up the Bluetooth (or USB) to use the phone as a Mobile Broadband connection so loads of fun to come.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

This is what I found when I googled 'bluetooth dialler':

7 day trial of one. You've nothing to lose but your time. Although it's not clear from the description what happens to the audio stream of the call, ie does it go through the PC or stay on the phone?

Reply to
alexd

Or see if you can find a TAPI driver for Windows that will control an Android phone over bluetooth, WiFi or USB.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I don't know about the Galaxy, but my Nokia allows remote control via Bluetooth [and possibly via USB] as an option when setting up a Bluetooth device (e.g. one's car).

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Pretty sure the phone is up to it. What I need is the PC software.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

I too, was trying to find exactly that a few months ago, as my mobile gives me free Vody calls and I have Skype headphones on the PC. I had no luck that way round at all.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon