WTF!

Oh she took off like a racing car on the starting grid, did'nt have a chance of stopping her!.

Dave

Reply to
gort

He wouldn't know until afterwards :-)

The frustration factor would be worth seeing.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh, we're a nasty lot!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

[snip]

No, but he's going to be making lots of trips if you keep plying him with those drinks.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I think he'll be so embarrassed that he'll keep his legs crossed. Or ask for a rubber band. Or go home.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was thinking, block the U-bend slightly so the water levels rise alarmingly when flushing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If you really want to see a salesman cry, do what I do.

All the time he's discussing the finer points of double glazing, he's sat at our table, from the outset a sheet of paper is face down in the middle of the table.

Then the time comes for him to clinch the deal and he casually mentions that there is a special offer that finishes tonight, but if you sign right away, you can still qualify for the discount.

At that point, the sheet of paper is turned over and it says 'Any mention of a special offer that finsihes today will disqualify this salesman from further consideration'.

Reply to
Roly

That was always my favourite before the TPS came along. If you listened carefully, you could hear the telephone receiver at the other end briefly going supersonic on the way to its cradle.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Why does everyone have to invent stories? It must be a British thing, the inability to say no :o)

I just say "I'm not interested, thanks" and put the phone down. No need for rudeness or anything - they are trying to earn a pittance at a shit job after all. Where's the problem?

TPS has removed the need for even this, I have to say.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The problem is that they are so persistent and do not allow a non-rude conclusion. You would have to put the phone down whilst they were talking, which seems inherently rude. By saying that "we're tenants" or suchlike, you actually provoke them into being rude, which is more comfortable, even amusing.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'm quite capable of saying "no". Why shouldn't I have some entertainment having been disturbed in my own home?

They should get a better job that doesn't involve disturbing people who are generally at dinner.

My telephone is *mine*. It is not available to support your business.

Mostly, yes.

Reply to
Huge

The problem is that they are calling me without my permission. It's the equivalent of screaming advertising through my letter box.

The TPS is OK as far as it goes, but many of the cold callers don't bother with TPS, the bucket shop operators simply use telephone directories, not databases and why should I have to constantly renew my objection to something that it should be blindingly obvious is objectionable?

My wife sells direct to the public and we'll be damned if we will ever try to use cold calling telephone sales.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh, no, once you have said you are not interested (definitely and politely), they are the ones being rude by continuing talking and you retain the moral high ground even while putting the phone down. Only about 50% do, the other

50% realise they are not going to get a lead and say "OK, thanks" and hang up anyway. Which is fine.

Once (and only once) a company rang back to say we had been cut off. THEN I was rude!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Well, sometimes they can't. You don't imagine it's a job anyone actually WANTs to do, surely?

Excuse me? I don't make it my business to cold call people, I assure you.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

That's a type 2 problem. (*)

Sorry, I didn't mean "you" specifically, but "one" in a general sense.

(* In this world there are two kinds of problems; (i) My problems & (ii) Your problems. I don't care about your problems.)

Reply to
Huge

They seem to work to a script which prepares for any response.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Someone from Bulldog's call centre in India refused to take no for an answer from me once so I hung up on her. She called back *AND* left a message on my answering machine telling me how rude she thought *I* was. Bloody cheek of it.

Reply to
Richard Conway

It doesn't prepare them for "I can't answer that question" :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A Royal Mail 'Customer Care' call centre person once accused me of lying when I called about non delivery of a time sensitive Special Delivery parcel. I was very polite but she hung up on me.

I was less than pleased, took it further and was given quite a lot of compensation - which I neither asked for nor wanted. I was assured that the offender would be reprimanded - but of course we don't know if that happened.

I work on the principle that the customer is always right, even when s/he's wrong.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wouldn't agree with that - when s/he's wrong then I think they should be told politely that they are.

Reply to
Richard Conway