WTD: MCB Hager type 2 M 3

Hi
I'm after what appears to be a discontinued MCB The MCB is rated at 32 amp and is a Hager type 2 M 3
I've tried my local wholesalers with no luck
If anyone knows of one, even 2nd hand, you would save me a lot of hassle -- Regards
Hays
T610 Housings in stock now!! www.phonepro.go.to
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:53:14 -0000, "hays"

That's because you can't get Type 2 MCB's. You want a type B. Cat ref. MT132 ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
Lurch wrote:

Thanks for helping All of the wholesellers reckoned it was discontinued The item is 15years old One compared it with a new version and said it wouldn't fit ??????????
It DEFINATELY says type 2, I appreciate the current ones say b or c
I would appreciate any further assistance I have also emailed http://www.thefusecompany.co.uk
Regards
Hays
T610 Housings in stock now!! www.phonepro.go.to

The point is that they don't make type 2s, because they have been replaced by type Bs. You can put a type B in place of the type 2 with no problems at all....in fact, it's usually 'better'.
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...
Lurch wrote:

Thanks for all the help I emailed Hager and got this reply
The 32A type 2 M3 MCB has been obsolete for nearly 10 years, the only device that will fir in your consumer unit is a cartridge fuse and carrier to BS1361, the part number for the 30A item is L118 price 3.50 trade
City Electrical also checked and said the same. I bought one today. I fitted the fuse carrier to the immersion circuit (as this is never used) and the MCB from the immersion to the downstairs ring (both 32A)
I take it you mean that there is a different make MCB that would of been compatible? I amazed that 3 local wholesellers didn't help more. Obviously I would of preferred to fit a MCB to a fuse carrier I thought these things were universal !!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
Hays
T610 Housings in stock now!! www.phonepro.go.to

high rating for an immersion radial - I'd've expected a 15A or 20A for the usual 3kW heater with 2.5mmsq cable... but maybe you have a heftier cable feeding a twin-element arrangement?

though, in the arrangement for the live busbar which feeds them. Some manufacturers (Wylex, concretely; and I think MEM) seem to keep the same design in place for agesnagesnages; others (and the usually saintly MK fall more into this group, as I hear) change their designs more often, making 'pop in another MCB' more than 5 years down the line a bit more of a lottery.
HTH - Stefek
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:33:34 -0000, "hays"

MCB's, I'd get yourself a Hager MT132 if you really want to use an MCB. And the wholesalers aren't actually allowed to give out advice about the applications of electrical equipment, usually a company policy or such like, so they were probably agreeing with Hager to err on the side of caution. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:32:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@telling.you (Lurch) wrote:

It just so happens I've got one of those MCB's, I found it whilst looking for some other bits to builds a control panel! I can definitely assure you 100% a standard, new MCB will work as mentioned before. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.