WTD: CAT 5 IP camera

Can anyone suggest an IP camera with a CAT 5 interface, which can work at very low levels of light, ie LUX 1 or below, if it is waterproof it would be an advantage.

Thanks

Alex

-- Alex Harris Remove NEWS to reply

Reply to
Alex H

Are you thinking of using this for some kind of security purpose?

John.

Reply to
John Smith

MCAS-300PT will go down to 1 lux, and there is a waterproof housing you can use for various cameras)

Reply to
John Rumm

The Axis range will do what you want. Also Mobotix.

Alex.

Reply to
Alex

At F2, no sign of a DC iris lens so daylight performance might be compromised.

Where is this camera to be used, inside or out? Outside is a very demanding enviroment from the exposure point of view, a fixed iris lens isn't really suitable. Under controlled or indoor situations it's not so much of an issue.

Axis have recently introduced a new camera, the 211 (don't confuse it with the 2110), that looks very interesting. It has F1.0 DC iris lens and covers 0.75 to 500,000 lux. And a 1/4" Sony HAD CCD rather than a CMOS sensor, pity it's not a 1/3" CCD.

Pity there are no sample images from any of those cameras, the "live view" needs a plugin.

Using a housing is a fairly normal way of protecting a camera rather than the actual camera casing being weather proof.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are they new? Didn't come up on web searches earlier in the year. I have got a Stardot Netcam after comparing side by side with Axis 2100 and 2110

The demo/sample images from the Mobotix look very good at first quick browse, especially those with the sun in frame...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Alex

Aye, and going for at least few years. They don't push the LAN side though more the ISDN interface, which maybe why they didn't pop up on google.

A good network camera is not cheap. I tried (not very hard) to find the price of the Axis 211 last night but couldn't. I expect it will be =A3600 +/- =A3200. Not bad guess, Simply have 5 instock at =A354=

6.38 (inc VAT).
Reply to
Dave Liquorice