Would this dehumidifier be OK ?

Would this dehumidifier be OK ? For use in room where drying clothes indoors, in order to avoid damp problems / mould etc ?

sm_jamieson

if its humidistatic

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I can see.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

And you're going to be emptying it 4to5 times a day?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I think mine would have to be underwater to extract 10 litres in one day. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Depends on how damp the room is and if the doors and windows are ket shut,even so mine a 5 litre tank but still takes 36hours to fill.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

A load of washing, after a fast spin, holds something like a litre of water. I use this technique with a dehumidifier to quickly dry a load of washing in an airing cupboard. If you have another load of washing to do afterwards, you can empty the container at the same time. Mine is a 400W 16l/day refrigerant based dehumidifier, and takes about an hour to dry a load of washing from the machine.

Close the door to the room so the moisture doesn't escape and/or you don't start trying to dry the whole house, and it helps retain the heat from the dehumidifier which also helps with the drying. If it's a small room or cupboard, run the dehumidifier through a plug in thermostat set to the max operating temperature of the dehumidifier, so it can't overheat.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

How about this one?

Although bigger the tank is 3.6L vs 2L.

If you can have the air blowing out over the clothes this helps a lot, or have some sort of fan blowing over the clothes instead.

Some blow air out the back which doesn't help if you want to put them against a wall.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I'm sure it would do the job though. Might struggle drying off a batch of "wollies" that didn't get a real spin cycle as 2 litre capacity seems a little on the light side to me.

Ours is 16L/day @ 350W and blows out the top. I modified one clothes horse to allow the thing to sit nearly inside the airer, now I just drape a sheet/blanket over the clothes/dehumidifier to funnel the air in the right direction. I guess some sort of plastic tent may be more efficient, but I can't be arsed to experiment. :¬)

Reply to
PeTe33

The simple tried and tested energy-saving traditional option would be to leave the windows open a bit, and have a bit of background heating on if poss. If not poss than open the windows a bit more.

cheers Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

Tried that myself in the early days, but the house got too cold and I'm not keen on pumping expensive warm air through the windows especially as windows tend to be up where the warmest air is. :¬(

Reply to
PeTe33

Yes, and the simple tried and tested energy-saving traditional option for washing your clothes is by hand on a washboard. Is that how you wash your clothes?

Reply to
Grunff

We've got an Ebac machine and bought a drying tent for it. Put the clothes on a rack, drape the tent over, bung the machine in with them and drying is quick and doesn't steam the house

Reply to
Philip Thompson

Nope. We use a washing machine. Unassisted air drying, inside or out, works perfectly however and always has done. Even in winter outside when the RH isn't too high. People seem to have forgotten this useful old-fashioned technique.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom