Would A combi Be OK?

HI Guy's, a friend of mine is moving to France and has a 5 Bed house and needs to heat about 300 sqr m. Would a combi be suitable for this or is it too large.

Thanks

Reply to
Kim

Combis are inadvisable for large properties. If you want to save on space (installation wise), don't intend to use more then one tap at a time and aren't bothered about having a power shower then a combi might be right.

I've had one in a 3 bed house and never again. You can't beat being unrestricted flow rate wise.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Well I guess that depends on a few factors and preferences. Like..... What size boiler is required ? Is heating required and what is the heat loss ? Is the mains water supply at the usual (for France) 3 Bar ? Do you WANT to store cold / hot water and why ? Are power outages common in your area and if so a problem ? and doubtless several more.....

Whilst Combis are available in certain sizes it is almost certainly not a "Combi versus size" issue.......

Personally, I like a BIG combi, but also like loads of stored hot water for quick bath running, although rarely have a bath, preferring showers, so I suppose I find comfort in keeping the options open.

If you have a very large property then its quite possible you would like more than one boiler, and probably more than one fuel system e.g. oil and gas if that's an option.......

May I suggest you discuss your needs with a knowledgeable person who doesn't have profit in the back of his mind, and who has an understanding of local issues like fuel prices and availability to reach the optimum (for you) solution ?

Nick

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

I was amazed to find what I assumed was a boiler in my mate's 5 bedroom house is in fact a combi - albeit a big one. Her house has a minimum of 3 teenage girls living in it and sometimes more than a dozen when she has students staying ....though the shower is electric and I believe the perpetually running washing machine is cold fill....

Jeremy

Reply to
brugnospamsia