wossit called?

board made of staves of real pine/white wood glued together side by side to make a board upto abt 15" wide X various lengths - kind of thing you might use for shelves etc go cut down to size.....

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Furniture board?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Block Board?

Reply to
Toby

It's called 'a wide board'.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Worktop?

:-)

Reply to
newshound

Blockboard is that but typically covered with a veneer of ply on each side.

If unsurfaced then its in effect just a number of narrow boards jointed to make a wider one. Quite often taken to an extreme these days with shelf material cobbled together from fairly dinky offcuts!

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought some from Wickes a few years back. They called it "pineboard". I wasn't that impressed - it went a bit wavy across its width after a few months.

This is probably the same stuff :-

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Blockboard?

Reply to
harry

Do you read threads before contributing?

Furniture board was it, tho slightly surprised at price.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Also sold as "shelf board", in case anyone else is looking and does read the thread later :-)

Reply to
Alan Braggins