Wossa difference?

I'm after some 3 core & earth flex to run 300w motors on awnings.

TLC have two listed (top two)

first one is described as 'heat resistant' but is cheaper than the second one?

Confused of Medway

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why not ask 'em? Could just be old and new stock with a price difference.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Rather odd pricing. You can used heat resistant flex in place of standard flex but not the other way around. Usually the heat resistant is more expensve. It must be new stock of the standard flex and copper prices have risen.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Cos its Sunday :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The heat resistant flex sounds something like the 16 amp one that is intended for use with immersion heaters. In my experience that was rather less flexible than the outwardly similar 16 amp flex that wasn't advertised as heat resistant.

If you needed that greater flexibility, the heat resistant one wouldn't be the one to go for.

Reply to
Bruce

Or use butyl which is more flexible than either. At a price, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)