Worx H3. Returned

Charged the battery for 5 hours. Drilled 4 x 6mm holes in brick, drove

4 screws in - battery went flat.

Returned it to B&Q, bought a Hitachi 18v/3 amp/hr Li Ion jobby from SF.

Lovely idea the Worx H3 - if it actually worxed :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've just got a Durofix 10.8v Impact Driver. Truly excellent. I was sceptical, but am very pleased with it.

Reply to
A.Lee

1300mAh cells at 12v is simply bollocks

try about 5000mAh at 18V...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not too surprising. Half a dozen charge cycles later, I'd expect to see the battery performance increasing to more like what's written on the label.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I wouldnt.

Lithium starts good and gets worse.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Furher to this, I have used a similar cell pack: It runs a smnall motor (70W) at about half throttle for about ten minutes: a power tool like that needs at least 300W. I estimate that gives about two and a half minutes of useful power.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Very pleased with the Hitachi. Seems to drill faster than my mains Makita.

Quick look at the spec;

Hitachi 1,500 rpm, 6,200 blows/min, 1.4 joules. Makita 1,050 rpm, 4,050 bpm, 2.2 joules.

So the big Mak is the more powerful, but not as fast as the Hitachi - only tried in hard brick so far though.

Why do Hitachi have to make everything look like a Dan Dare ray gun?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you multiply those out, that is a similar impact energy per minute... so it probably comes down to the particular material and its drilling characteristics (stuff that fractures easily may benefit from the faster dust clearance of the faster speed).

Yup, their current stuff is a tad "power ranger" isn't it!

Reply to
John Rumm