Worx circular saw?

I saw one of these on a TV ad the other day - a rather bizarre hybrid of a circular saw and an angle grinder. Can't quite decide whether it's the best idea since sliced bread or an extraordinary dangerous mess.

Anyone tried one?

Reply to
Lobster

I have the Sears version of this. It is a delightful product. The blade is very thin and it cuts accurately. One of my favourite tools. With a diamond blade, cuts tile and cement board effortlessly and can be used for channelling in plastered walls. The carbide blade cuts plasterboard well and I've not had to replace the blade in 6 years of quite heavy use. The laser is pretty useless! There is a Lidl version which I bought for our son in law for a lower price (£40 IIRC), which he says works well.

Reply to
Capitol

Its certainly being advertised a lot. I can remember the old ads for Black an Decker and how none of thir tools seemed to produce dust or sparks in those... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Suitable for one-handed operation"...

Reply to
Adrian

I haven't. I did notice it comes with HSS blade - these require much lower feed rates than TCT. Don't they also require lower rotational speed?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Don't think I'd use it for anything other than wood but the 27mm depth of cut covers most sheet materials, so it would be useful, especially if you didn't already have a circ saw. Not sure I'd be happy with the one handed operation though

Reply to
stuart noble

I did a lot of dry-lining with Fermacell .. and bought a thin blade rechargeable saw ....was a great tool

The thin blade was so much better than normal blade that made too much dust.

This is a product improved version, looks easier to handle ... should be good.

I have a WORX multi-toll seems very well made, so can recommend the brand

Reply to
rick

The Medway Handyman