Worthless 1yr warranties

It's not attached at all. There is a raised circular area surrounding the gas burners - just a couple of mm high. Around the circumference of this raised area are four small indentations (about 5mm in, max) which more or less locate the four feet of the pan stand. It's barely held in place by anything at all. Less so than with other hobs I've had/seen.

I don't know how it happened, but I was manipulating a large frying pan and somehow it dragged the pan stand with it some distance - it had to in order to get it fall off and onto the floor. Most bizarre, it was. Baffling. It just seemed to take off and fly.

Anyway, it's very easy to push the pan stands out of location.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

Sounds quite a dangerous device then, as it could fall on someone's foot or on a small child and inflict serious harm.

I think the upthread suggestion that some sticky of some sort adhered the bottom of the pan to this stand is a likely answer.

Reply to
Tim Streater