Worst Household Chores ?

A kitchen table?

There's posh!

There's even posher!!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Douglas de Lacey saying something like:

From Kitchen to Kharzi.

We Do It All.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com saying something like:

Nowt wrong with a bottle of petrol and a match.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I was under the impression that Councils require householders to keep the bin "reasonably" clean.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

I suppose what I meant was, why do they NEED cleaning? How do they get dirty? Except by airborne dirt which is easily wiped off.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

By putting dirty rubbish in them?

Reply to
mogga

"Is your cleaner struggling with your housework?"

Reply to
mogga

I have always found it best to eat the ice cream whilst waiitng for the freezer to defrost. Someone coming in with a massive icebox and doing the cold work would be nice though.

Reply to
mogga

The message from mogga contains these words:

Why should I care?

Reply to
Guy King

What, you mean you don't wash your rubbish first? You slob, you.

I happen to be reading usenet via Google at the moment (as I'm not at home with my proper newsreader, before anyone shouts) - one of the oddities of that is the 'relevant' google adverts which pop up down the side. Look at these!:

Lobster

No small holes on ours. Are you sure it's not the rats that have been having a nibble?

Reply to
Matt

Let me just go and ask her.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

But you don't put dirty rubbish straight in, do you? We use plastic bags. Not that there is much dirty rubbish.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ironing, by a mile

tim

Reply to
tim (in sweden)

I LOVE ironing!

Everything ends up beautiful and it takes little thought so I do it during radio dramas or other interesting programmes I don't want to miss. It's one of the most satisfying household activities, I wouldn't call it a chore.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

day (360 days per year) that's one every 9 minutes. They'd have to be damned close together to achieve that.

Halve that number (which still seems impossible to achieve) and the profits disappear completely.

And that's assuming you can actually get that number of customers.

(And I have animation turned off in my browser for a reason. People who don't respect that choice, don't get any of my business).

tim

Reply to
tim (in sweden)

Really? What a pity you don't live closer.......

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

While driving through France some years ago our son was showing his little sister (then 9 months old) a lift-the-flap book. "And here's the kitchen. Look, there's a cupboard and when you open it you can see all the things inside. There's a hoover, a pair of wellies and.... Dad? Why's there a surfboard in the kitchen cupboard?"

You can tell you don't iron, can't you? Since we moved 5 years ago we've ironed shirts for two funerals and a handful of posh dinners, pressed the curtains before hemming them and made a number of iron-on teeshirt designs.

Reply to
Guy King

Did you read the small print at the bottom?

"The number of bins cleaned in the above table are based on results from our operational experiences in a full year, and do not take into account the initial business start up period. They are for illustration purposes only and are based on the potential earnings and costs from the Premium Franchise Package and should not be taken as a guarantee that you will achieve the same figures. Your own success will depend on your commitment, application of the system, as well as local market and general economic conditions."

In short. It's all bollocks and if you go skint it's not our fault.

When wheelie bins first came out there was a rash of 'wheelie bin cleaners' all wanting pressure washers - no idea what pressure washing was all about, all asking for the impossible, all wanting leasing without any trading history. The very phrase wheelie bin sent pressure washer salesmen running for the hills.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Surely any sort of Franchise is going to be like that. Anyone stupid enough to sign up on the basis of few best case figures deserves all they get.

The brother-in-law of friend of ours set up his own wheelie bin cleaning business a couple of years back (AFAIK not franchised) he seems to be doing ok, AIUI they are expanding and he has couple of vehicles. His brother has moved up to work with him.

Reply to
chris French