Worst Household Chores ?

Do they often puke,you're kids? My understanding of household chores is summat done on a regular basis.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

No and no I'm not

Reply to
manatbandq

This is a DIY group. I would expect most people here to save the £40 and do it themselves.

The question will not get a realistic answer here, the question needs asking in a more general group.

Reply to
dennis

Do ovens need cleaning then? Can't say that I've noticed, our one always seems to be fine.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

well, your experience is very different to mine! Thats one company I would not waste any more time on.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You sound like my wife :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nope. Taking the bin bags out at about 11:30 on a freezing cold night. I'd happily pay to have someone else do it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Who are you calling kids?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

He probably is. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I had mask, gloves and disposable overalls on. And I was still retching.

Next time, (And I fervently hope there never will be one), I will be looking up "D" in the Yellow pages ..

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

I always cook roasts in a glass dish with a lid. There's seldom any mess in the oven.

Reply to
Nick

They do a seriously good job for £40. However, most people take your stance of "For forty quid I'll do it myself.

In addition, the fact you can but a brand new cooker for £140 probably doesn't help..

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Kerching!

Does anyone wanna buy a "bin-bag-putting-out" franchise?

£££££££!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Ovens need cleaning???

Reply to
Grunff

That's where offering the service to landlords and the like comes in

- a new cooker is probably twice that when you factor in the time and installation costs.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Not when u buy take-it-aways!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Yebbut DIY is not all about economy. I would imagine quite a few people would be willing to pay £40 to someone to clean the oven if it freed up time elsewhere. It's better to pay £40 to a cleaner than £60 to a plumber if paying the cleaner means you can do your own plumbing.

Mind you, £40's a lot of money when according to the Daily Mail we shall be overrun with illegal immigrants for at least the next ten years; I say let them work legally and we can get oven cleaned for a fiver and they'll take the grease home for th bairns' dinner.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Cat with diarrhoea

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from snipped-for-privacy@stuff.com (Sponix) contains these words:

They'd have to. Ten of those and I could have bought a new oven.

Reply to
Guy King

This _might_ work as a business plan.

If: You operate in a very wealthy area. You offer a large range of other domestic services not just oven cleaning. ... or you might be able to operate as a sub contractor to a One-stop-domestic services shop.

A wiser and/or poorer customer will have little need of your services.

1) Really it's only roasting and grilling that makes ovens dirty. 2) Someone who is seriously into (1) will get a self cleaning oven thus avoiding much of (1) 3) A little care with baking trays and the like can save many accidents in the oven. 4) So long as the oven works who cares about cleaning (at least 60%+ of users will hold to this).

Also note that there will be a _very_ small proportion of _very_ nasty people who will try and pin pre-existing oven problems onto to you.

Reply to
Ed Sirett