worlds cheapest condensing boiler ?

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

Reply to
news

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

- downward firing burner

- one piece heat exchanger.

Anything less is silly.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But still what the OP asked for.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Russ, I will not encourage cowboys. This cowboy man must be redeemed, and the bad thoughts purged from his mind.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's finished so low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Reply to
news

Good luck with the redemption and the purging then.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Hitching up my Beeny Bra for a mo, I'd say the cost of replacing the boiler will probably be more than the amount you'd lose off the price of the house if you left it, but then maybe that's not the issue. A really cheapo boiler that I'd need to replace soon could put me off buying :o)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

iswym. but

how about buying a house with a fubar boiler that the local plumber will quote £1k+ for fitting ? no, neither would I. buying a house with a new boiler with the reciept taped to the front of it would set my mind at ease somewhat.

I can get a new boiler installed for £100 and a homemade curry/pizza and that includes connecting an aditional radiator, so all I'm after is the cheapest boiler.

the boiler is at least 20 years old and sadly fubar. in the last year it's gas valve has been replaced, the diverter valve was replaced and now it's diaphgram is split. oh, and it's blowing fuses which points to the circuit board.

so, cheapest condensing combi anyone ?

Reply to
news

it's only crap in your opinion and neither i nor the prospective buyer (or 99.9% of usenet for that matter) give any weight to that.

Reply to
news

What's better - one expensive combi or two cheap ones?

Reply to
Richard Conway

The are crap - fact!!!. They have secondary heat exchangers. They are prone to early failure.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Russ/Andy, Two combis that are not cheap and "nasty". Now do some thinking about that, then you will be a better man for it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't care. if I get any comebacks I'll point the buyers to trading standards and the SOG acts durability / fit for purpose section. if you can point me in the direction of the cheapest boiler, please do. if not, why bother wasting your time replying ?

Reply to
news

The buyers will have no comeback surely: they didn't buy the boiler.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

crikey, this is tiring.

what I don't want is a buyer to try it on alleging that I knew that the boiler was fubar at the point of sale. I'll fit a new boiler, give the buyer the reciept and sleep easy. the profit from the sale of the house waaay exceeds the cost of the boiler+installation £+curry for brother in law and in the meantime the people living in the property won't be living with a dodgy boiler which may pack up altogether, mid winter. given it's recent track record that is expected!

Reply to
news

Dont know if they are the cheapest but they are cheaper

Paul

So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a one piece heat exchanger?

Reply to
lavenders19

Ideal: Icos, Istar Keston: all Viessmann: all Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and others Eco-Hometec Quantum Gledhill Potterton Promax (spit) Nearly all the expensive top makes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

you seem to have missed the point :- cheapest

not best, not your ideal boiler (or mine, for my house) the *cheapest* condensing combi available in the UK

anyone ?

Reply to
news