Worktop jigs

I've been looking at worktop jigs for cutting a nice join on worktop, as an intermediate DIYer is it something I should be able to do with some success?

I'd do a few practice cuts first.

Reply to
R D S

Yes, definitely.

Try the Trend website, I think they used to have a video of how to use thir jigs.

I bought a Trend jig and then sold it on Ebay. Overall cost was less than hiring some no-name version, given that I couldn't get the whole job done during a minimum hire period.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Yup can't see why not.

In which case you should be fine.

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought a cheapo one from Screwfix and it worked brilliantly. It's probably rather obvious when you think about it, but it seemed very clever the way you cut through in several steps while leaning against "the wrong edge"of the guide, then finish off with the final cut that matters through the whole worktop thickness while leaning against the other edge of the guide.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud