Workshop Rules and Regulations

TMH's enquiry about the canoe cartoon reminded me that a friend has just finished turning a garage into a workshop and I think it would be appropriate if I could supply him with the appropriate rules and regulations.

Has anyone got a link to the set of Workshop Rules that came out of Australia some years back and successfully poked fun at all the querks and funnies that we have in our escape holes ?

Cheers Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Taking this to be a serious posting:

None if it's *NOT* being used as part of a business - other than local by-laws about excessive noise and compliance with Part P of the Building Regs if it has recently been wired for electricity.

If it is used as part of a business, then have a chat the local council for info on relevant by-laws and clauses (and possibly for business rated council tax), check that the deeds of the house will allow such goings-on and contact the HSE for more information on Health and Safety legislation, along with a copy of the Factory Acts - all interesting stuff I may add, and this is not an exhaustive list - there *will* be more!

Can't help there!

Cash

Reply to
Cash

It's possibly a frivolous posting rather than a non-serious posting !

About half a dozen years ago an Austalian DIY type forum got suggestions from all its members about the 'Rules' that should apply to their workshops - no Sheilas and that sort of thing. It was extremely funny and everyone with a workshop could see themselves in it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham saying something like:

Can't find it because of all the utter tossers who use 'workshop' in their dungaree-clad meetings.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

This one maybe?

Toby

Oops, has someone just had all their server bandwidth gobbled up?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Finally watched the film that's a quote from. Wish I hadn't bothered

Reply to
Stuart Noble

that I can get a good print of it and frame it. The Australian one ran to a number of pages.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

I've not bothered with the film, but did read the book. Interesting, but annoying at the same time.

Reply to
Clive George

I think pretentious about sums the film up. Shame, you can usually rely on Mr.Depp

Reply to
Stuart Noble

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Stuart Noble saying something like:

I know how you feel. I found the book much better.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon