works of art in the garden

Hi there I have just joined this group and would like to introduce myself... i do diy but with a little bit of a difference, i make my own sculptures for the garden or home from stainless steel. If anyone is interseted to look then my work can be seen @

I have a feedback page on there and would welcome any comments

Reply to
the sculptor

The message from "the sculptor" contains these words:

I think you meant to call one sculpture "Chiming cubes", not "Chimming cubes", and you probably meant "Make /an/ audible chime", not "/and/ audible chime".

Bird Feeder Pic's shouldn't have an apostrophe.

"Three stages of a flowers growth" should have an apostrophe.

"How Many Men"; you can have "is comprised of" or "comprises", but not "is comprised of".

The site is riddled With random capital Letters.

Bird Feeder Info page - it's a "site", not a "sight", "in the next album" not "on the next album". You allot something to someone - wheras something may vary a lot. That appears to be a wing-nut, not a lock-nut.

Sites that play music automatically are DREADFUL.

The Checkout page has tiny images, some of which are over 100kb.

Editorials pages... "if it's dichotomy", not "if its" "Jake Howard's", not "Jake Howard?s", and in several other places ' has been replaced by ?.

Other than that - some nice sculpture. I was going to visit the sculpture hotel last week but trouble with the car on the last day of the holiday scuppered our plans.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Guy King contains these words:

Sorry, I meant you can have "is comprised of" or "comprises", but not

Reply to
Guy King

--much snipped--

All very useful comments if the original poster was advertising his services as an English Grammar consultant.

I think he is selling garden sculptures though :)

In any event, you neglected to mention the most painful part of the site. It blasts cheesy MIDI music at you as soon as the page is displayed!

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

In plain terms you make things for sale, so are spamming this group with an advert?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "stevelup" contains these words:

No I didn't! I clearly said...

"Sites that play music automatically are DREADFUL."

Even so - whatever he's selling it ought to be properly spelt. Or spelled.

Reply to
Guy King

I spotted that afterwards :) Well, you incorrectly corrected a grammar mistake and I completely ignored part of your e-mail so I guess that makes us even!

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

No. Comprises or is composed of. NOT is comprised of.

Pedants unite.

Reply to
rrh

Reply to
the sculptor

Reply to
the sculptor

Hi Dave yes I am advertising my work but my main aim is to get opinions on the work I do, if you want to buy one feel free but I am pressuring anyone into doing so. This is my DIY hobby and i want to share it.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Reply to
the sculptor

The message from "the sculptor" contains these words:

I spotted it straight away but by then it had already woken my daughter. I happened to have the speakers turned up and wasn't expecting the racket.

Reply to
Guy King

Far better the other way round - option to turn it on, rather than off.

Consider for example people browsing at work. They won't want to tell the entire office they're looking at your site.

In short : don't do it!

clive

Reply to
Clive George