Workbench adapts to circular saw & routers

Hi All
Just seen a Wolfcraft 1000 which claims to be able to turn a circular saw into a table saw and likewise can fit a router as well.
Anybody tried one of these as a router/circ saw table combo? Is it safe to mount a circ saw in this way?
Here's the link - looks pretty damn good though for 100, and almost too good to be true.
http://www.wolfcraft.de/en/produkte/products/productDetail36ea.html
Cheers
Matt

really, I rarely use it as a saw bench and I've never managed to do anything useful with as a router table.
The guides aren't well enough engineered to trust them for anything but rough cutting and it's quite a bit of hassle to mount tools into the table.
It's maybe not quite as bad as I'm painting but it's not wonderful.
--
Chris Green

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:01:03 -0000, "MattP" <@tiscali.co.uk {add mattspersonal before @}> wrote:

Why bother? Spend 60 to get a proper saw bench which has an integral jigsaw/router facility:
http://tinyurl.com/2zcv5
Free postage, apparently (though the advert suggests January). Barter.
PoP
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:01:03 -0000, "MattP" <@tiscali.co.uk {add mattspersonal before @}> wrote:

This one does at least show some guards and fences, however it's not clear whether they are included in the price. Theyu could be separately priced and made the total a lot more when you buy all the bits.
It would be dangerous to mount a portable circular saw in this way without proper accessories and guards. The accuracy won't be brilliant with this type of arrangement - i.e. you won't do precision cabinet making with it, but it might be OK for general DIY work.
Bear in mind the setup time. The setups on this type of arrangement can be time consuming and involve fiddling with several sets of bits. If you are only doing occasional work then that could be acceptable.

I have one of their Master 800 Workmate look-alikes. It is a lot better made and more solid than the B&D ones are now - quite heavy though.
I would suggest downloading the manual on the bench you have in mind and look in more detail.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

fitted without any problems. You need extra (i.e. optional, buy if you want) bits to use the table with a router.
--
Chris Green

Would you saw it is accurate enough for close cutting? Any idea on the cost of the router fitting?

it's quite a while ago so I wouldn't rely on that figure.
That's not a terribly clear question - "it is accurate enough for close cutting?" It's fine for cutting, say, a 10" plank into two 5" wide planks, also for cutting strips off the edge of sheets of chipboard etc. For cutting large sheets of material you'll need extra support though. I wouldn't want to cut a 1" wide strip off something and expect it to be accurately 1" wide all along its length.
--
Chris Green