Worcester Bosch Service Hard Sell??

I'm having some problems with my boiler (very VERY slow heating of the rads) so I phoned Worcester Bosch to arrange a boiler service.

The sales girl was extremely pushy in trying to get me to accept a =A3185 service, which includes up to 2 major parts but not the heat exchanger. I have to pay =A3185 even if no parts need changing.

I told her that as far I knew the problem could be that the flues or sensors needed cleaning and a standard service would cover that. "Oh no", she said "the standard service doesn't look inside the boiler". If the standard service found any problems, it would require a separate callout which could be weeks later, and would itself cost a minimum of =A3185, charged at the time of the standard service. Oh, and by the way the earliest a standard service could be arranged is February 19th.

I told her I'd take that standard service on Feb 19th.

Is this normal behaviour for Worcester Bosch? If I was a timid old lady I would be intimidated into accepting the =A3185 service without question.

Reply to
jpcoetzee

I paid for a call-out from WB a couple of years ago - it failed to=20 resolve the problem, and they were called out again within a few days=20 (not sure if they were trying to say it would be a seperate fee again,=20 but if so, I argued the point and won)

It failed *again* within days, at which point I started to ask just=20 what their expected lifespan was for individual components as I felt=20 it was worth taking further (trading standards etc), as mine was only=20 two years old at this point (i'll have the emails here somewhere)

...here we go...

(and FWIW I believe the _actual_ fault was caused by the PSU on the=20 back of the board, not any of the individual components)

Hello Mr Wilson.

Any parts replaced have a one-year warranty, in addition to our=20 standard 30-day recall policy.

It's hard for me to comment on the reasons why you've needed two replacement PCBs without being able to look at the call-out history of your appliance. To do this I need your postcode and house number; if=20 you would like me to look into it further do email these details in.

Yours,

Alison Harding Support Services