Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler

hello Any ideas anyone? The central heating from our boiler stops for no good reason. It can be on for 5 mins, 10 mins or an hour but then will suddenly turns itself off. It is also erratic it terms of switching between central heating and hot water. It has difficulty igniting when shifting between one function and another. The boiler heats water like a dream and when it is working we have no problems but we never know when it will behave badly. British Gas have changed the expansion chamber, the sensor, the room thermostat and various electronics boards. Each engineer thinks he's solved it but they haven't. All ideas grstefully received.

Reply to
bella2002tii

But at no point have they replaced the diverter valve?

Seems odd, as this behaviour screams diverter at me. I don't know the boiler, though. Perhaps it doesn't have a conventional diverter.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You could do worse than posting to

(or
- there's a wealth of knowledge there and at least one Worcester engineer.

Mat

Reply to
googlenews

They may have changed the diverter valve but not told me. I will ask the next engineer. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
bella2002tii

Many thanks. Will do so.

Reply to
bella2002tii

Has it never occurred to the owner of said site that having one 2.4MB home page makes it hopeless for dial-up users (most of use are ADSL of course), hard to find stuff and uses up his bandwith allocation real fast?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

> (or
- there's a wealth of knowledge

I couldn't agree more... I have a suspicion that the owner doesn't even know how popular it is. Indeed I have yet to see a post from anyone actually *from* the 'company'.

Furthermore, by the looks of things they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot by promoting such an envonement whereby potential customers are fixing their boilers themselves on a daily basis given the advice from the board!

Mathew

Reply to
googlenews

In message , Christian McArdle writes

If the boards hadn't been changed, I would have suspected the relay on the Zagas 126 (sequence) board which drives the fan - a common failure

Yes, it could also be e.g. a knacked microswitch in the diverter valve. As to whether it's a conventional 3 port valve or not, I can't remember offhand

Reply to
raden