Worcester Boiler 25Si - Eco sets itself to "on".

I have a combination boiler that works well and has been serviced annually for the 3 years of it's life. Now the ECO button is on almost all the time. This means that when you want hot water the system runs, triggers the burner and you then need to wait for about half a minute for hot water. The button should work, to allow the boiler to heat a small reservoir of hot water to avoid the delay. When I press the button it works ok for a few minutes up to a few hours. It even worked for nearly a day, - but then it reverts of its own accord to "ECO" setting.

I am baffled. If I call in the company that fitted it and regularly service it, I am worried that their solution will be to change the whole control module and charge hundreds of quid for the pleasure.

Please does anyone have any ideas that might help to explain what is happening?

Reply to
Alan

As daft as it sounds have you tried a boiler reset?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well I tried the "reset" it and it looked promising. Eco light stayed off for 2 days - back on today though.

It looks like a software problem to me.

Reply to
Alan

Ring W-Bosch tech dept. They may tell you over the phone.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Good call - they were helpful and friendly and even called me in response to my email. They did however not have the solution to the problem. They did put me on the track to a work-around though. The remote radio thermostat sender and the local control panel seem to work in conflict. With a bit of fiddling - not documented in the manual it now seems to be working as I want it.

Reply to
Alan