worcester 28cdi pressure gauge behaviour

Hi

The pressure gauge on my Worcester 28 boiler swings up and down every time the hot water tap is open. I have read in the FAQ that the fluctuations of pressure in the sealed CH system are normal due to the water expansion. Should the gauge be showing the CH pressure and not being affected by the mains pressure? BTW my CH is loosing pressure and I am trying to eliminate the boiler as a possible culprit.

Regards

Peter

Reply to
peter

Odd: I don't suppose the HW heat exchanger is shot and is leaking into/out of the primary heating loop? Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Read the Sealed CH FAQ. Some movement of the pressure gauge occurs when the circulator (pump) starts, which will happen every time a hot tap is opened.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thank you very much

Reply to