Worcester 28cdi - discontinued and new combi install quote

Hi,

I reside in Kent.

I obtained a quote for replacement of a biasi combi boiler that is 10 years of age.

The property is a 3 bed terraced Victorian with central heating, there are two adults and one infant female residing in it.

I recieved a quote from a Corgi reg. fitter, =A32100 to replace the combi with a Worcester 28cdi, flush the system and replace the scale master....filter?

a. Is =A32100 a reasonable price these days? b. I cannot locate any literature regarding the Worcester 28cdi, only for 27cdi and a 30cdi and so on but I did find an indication that possibly this combi is discontinued. Do any of you pros know anything about this boiler, has it been discontinued etc.

Thanks very much for opinions.

de_ja

Yes

He should be installing a condensing boiler, so I guess it'll be a Greenstar 28CDi. I'm not sure of the exact nomenclature but Worcester's current range includes the 24 and 28i Junior, a range of Si models and some CDi ones. IIRC the CDi uses their older machined alloy block heat exchangers whereas the SI and Juniors use a kebab-shaped cast alloy exchanger. For what that's worth :-)

They should all be OK

Reply to
John Stumbles

when I had gas central heating installed 8 years ago I was talked into having a Worcester boiler by the installer. Big mistake. Three years later it developed a small leak which ran down onto the electronics wrecking it. No problem, I thought. It turned out that when I bought the boiler it was discontinued, so it was impossible to get the necessary spares, as a result I had to have a new boiler installed, so beware! I will not be so stupid again!

Reply to
Broadback

In message , Broadback writes

Discontinued, or were you just told that it was discontinued ?

Reply to
geoff

I was only told it was discontinued when I tried to source the spare! Seems to me the installer bought the boiler cheap because it was discontinued, which was probably why he was so keen for me to go for that particular one!

Reply to
Broadback