Worcester 280 combi boiler problem

Yet another combi boiler problem ;o)

Last week my radiators were getting warm when I ran the hot water so called a local central heating company. A new divertor valve has been fitted but then, the next day the system wouldn't light and heat hot water, cut out valve thingymabob popped up and there was a terrible banging noise.

Yesterday the engineer came back and told me it was air in the system and he fiddled with it, bled it, topped up the water etc and ran the hot tap for a while. Everything seemed fine, ran a shower ok this morning but this evening when I ran the hot tap, same thing, banging, water cuts out, valve pops up. That's when I noticed the pressure gauge had plummeted from 2 to half way between 1 and 0.

I'll be phoning the engineer in teh morning but anyone got any ideas what can be causing this air to get in the system? I'm happy to top the system and it usually needs it a couple of times a year along with the radiotors bled but I don't even want to think about fiddling with it at the moment!

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Lindsey

Reply to
Ellie Pea

Some background info on sealed heating sytems is shown below. I think the problems could be caused by a pump that is sticking that would certainly cause the boiler to bang and overheat and lose water.

Reply to
Ed Sirett