Worcester 24i combi boiler cutting out

Hi,

My Worcester 24i combi boiler is just over 4 years old and basically it has given me all sorts of problems. Following are the list of problems that I have had with this piece of junk:

After a year Fan started making rattling noise. British Gas engineer oiled the fan and tightened the screws but it made no difference, so I had to change the fan which cost me £120 including labour. After 8 months the new fan has started making the noise again!

The air pressure switch (made out of two plastic parts) got detached as they were put together by glue(factory design!) What a place to use glue in such hot environment! Again it was replaced.

In 5 or 6 separate accessions the boiler completely failed in the coldest nights of winter (typical). After switching it on and off it came back on again in all accessions.

Recently It is keep cutting out and it is struggling to fire. During this struggle I can hear a constant clicking noise/attempts to fire. The noise is like a two metal/spring contact and it seems that it is coming from inside where the circuit board is located. It is definitely not the timer. Does this mean that I have to change the circuit-board? If this is the case how much does it usually cost?

I was also thinking to change the boiler if the repair cost is over £200 and this time I won't get Worcester. Can anyone suggest a reliable combi boiler?

Regards

Med

Reply to
Mehdi

Sorry I can't help but oh dear, i'm just about to have a Worcester Bosch boiler fitted next week. Although mine is going to be a Greenstar 28 HE system one which I haven't heard anything bad about yet.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Hopefully yours will be more reliable than mine. Good luck.

Mehdi

Reply to
Mehdi

RedOnRed wrote: > Sorry I can't help but oh dear, i'm just about to have a Worcester Bosch

I had a 40HE fitted last November and so far its been faultless. Suggest you get a piece of stainless steel sheet fitted above the exit pipe to deflect the pluming.

Rob

Reply to
Rob